En poursuivant votre navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l'utilisation de cookies pour vous proposer des services et offres adaptées à vos centres d'intérêts.
MSF is looking for a Communication Officer Operational Research
Communication Officer Operational Research (LuxOR)
8 months replacement, part-time (20 hours), based in Luxembourg mid-October 2018 – mid-June 2019
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts in over 70 countries worldwide, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
Based in Luxembourg, the Operational Research Unit LuxOR undertakes research projects supporting humanitarian action all over the world, identifying constraints in operational settings, assessing innovative approaches, generating evidence on how to adapt or expand programmes, and building local operational research capacities.
Disseminating study results, sharing research findings, and facilitating uptake in policy and practice, operational research (OR) builds on strategic communication with key stakeholders, implementing partners, donors, and the public, and runs a set of dedicated communication tools on- and offline. At the a yearly Operational Research Day in Brussels in June, key studies and findings are shared with a broad MSF field and headquarters audience of the Operational Center Brussels (OCB).
Position and Objective
The Communication Officer OR will report to the Policy, Practice and Communication Advisor (PPCA). The candidate will support LuxOR’s public and internal communication and yearly reporting from mid-October 2018 to mid-June 2019.
Activities and Deliverables
- Plan, implement and manage LuxOR’s regular communication activities in line with the communication strategy and in consultation with the PPCA;
- Regularly update LuxOR’s website, newsletter, and twitter account, producing monthly interviews, web stories, and newsletters, and contributing to joint online contents with MSF Luxembourg;
- Draft and produce LuxOR’s operational research snapshot postcards and related visibility products (project and donor sheets, presentations etc.);
- Assemble, edit and publish LuxOR’s yearly annual highlights brochure, inputs to MSF Luxembourg’s annual report, and OCB-authored scientific publications overview;
- Support the organization of the annual Operational Research Day in Brussels in June, lead event communications and documentation (programme booklet, video trailer, visibility on site), and act as liaison for the association of the Operational Center Brussels;
- Conceptualize and support further communication activities to promote LuxOR’s work publically and across the international MSF movement;
- Represent LuxOR with partnering communication stuff in Brussels and Luxembourg as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of medical research, scientific methods, and operational aspects of humanitarian programmes;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to translate complex scientific/operational issues into engaging communication contents for a broad audience;
- Native-level written and spoken English-skills, (equivalent to C2 level), knowledge of French or German a plus;
- Very good understanding of all aspects of digital communications and social media, experience with web/content management and design software an asset;
- Outstanding organization skills, flexible team player, and ability to work autonomously;
- Outgoing personality with strong networking skills;
- Flexibility to travel to Brussels and other locations as needed;
- Genuine interest in, and commitment to, the humanitarian principles of MSF.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to: email@example.com by 14th of September 2018.
- Fixed-term contract of 8 months
- Part-time position (20 hours per week)
- Gross salary: 1560 € per month for a 50% part-time position
- Medical cover
- Restaurant vouchers
- Local transportation costs