Handicap International is seeking to recruit a
Employment & Economic Inclusion Technical Advisor / Programme monitoring officer, Permanent Contract, Luxembourg
Contract type: Permanent contract
Contract start date: 4th of December 2017
Application deadline: 5 Novembre 2017
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, and where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster The organisation works alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Handicap International works in over 55 countries, supported by a network of 8 national associations in Europe and North America, and has two operations divisions which work in close collaboration with Technical Resources Division.
The Technical Resources Division (DRT) consists of six units, including Inclusion Unit, that provide technical support and a framework for Handicap International’s programmes around the world.
The position is based within the National Association in Luxembourg and contributes to the co-management of projects implemented by Handicap International Federation and supported by Handicap International Luxembourg with funding from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Luxembourg
You will work within the National Association in Luxembourg under the responsibility of its General Director, contributing to the Technical Resources Division (DRT) and reporting tothe Head of the Inclusion Unit. You will work in coordination with one of the two Livelihood Technical Advisors working in this same Unit, and in liaison with the Livelihood Technical Advisors working in the Emergency Response Unit.
You will work with our Desk Officers and Field Programme Directors to ensure the quality of the 35 projects currently underway. For the monitoring of the framework agreement with the MoFA Luxembourg you will work with the two other member of the Programme Division of Handicap International Luxembourg.
You will be involved in providing expertise to prepare projects during the development phase, supporting the teams in the field in the monitoring and evaluation of these projects. You will represent HI in professional networks and develop the partnerships that are vital to furthering the sector’s work.
This role notably encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Support for the 35 economic inclusion projects underway and development of new projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The sector includes projects to access wage employment, vocational training, the development of income-generating activities, and money transfers, with a view to gradually transitioning to financial autonomy. It supports projects in development and post-crisis contexts in coordination with the emergency response Livelihood Technical Advisor.
- Knowledge capitalisation: participate in developing and finalising technical papers, tools and methods for the sector in close collaboration with the Innovation & Knowledge Management Unit and the reference persons in the field and at Head Office.
- Participate in building the capacities of our technical teams, the recruitment and training of technical resources in the field and Project Managers, organise technical seminars. Delegation and coaching.
- Representation in professional networks such as SEEP, ILO/GBDN, Cash Learning Partnership, identification of key partners for developing new consortia.
- Contribute to the HI Luxembourg pluriannual strategy and ensure the follow up of programs funded by Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- With a higher education qualification in economics, development economics, company management or professional inclusion, you have at least five year’s professional experience in the field of economic inclusion for vulnerable or marginalised people, preferably with people with disabilities who are on a pathway for vocational inclusion
- You have expertise in several of these sectors: micro finance, professional training, income-generating activities, sector development, employment assistance, company recruitment, and have spent a minimum of 3 years in developing countries.
- You are good at and enjoy working as part of a team and getting colleagues on board with a project both face-to-face and remotely.
- You have good communication and writing skills, are methodical and capable of organising yourself independently.
- You have an excellent level of written and spoken French and English; a grasp of Spanish would be an advantage.
- Permanent contract established under Luxembourg law from 4th December 2017
- Position based in Luxembourg (Luxembourg contract and employment conditions)
- Gross Salary: from €4,000 to €4,500 over 13 months
- – 5 trips to the field will be required each year
APPLY: On-line applications only, accompanied by a CV and covering letter (in English), via the following link:
For more information on our organisation: http://www.handicap-international.fr/