The Shelter Research Unit is recruiting
The Shelter Research Unit is an initiative of the Benelux Red Cross Societies, the Turkish Red Crescent and the International Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Societies.
A Head of the Shelter Research Unit – IFRC (M/F)
at 40h/week in Bertrange (Luxembourg) on the basis of a permanent contract (ref: AN1712-00531)
The Head of the Shelter Research Unit – IFRC will manage the IFRC Shelter Research Units and coordinate activities to assure the objectives set out in the statutes of the IFRC-SRU are achieved and funding stability is obtained.
He/she will be notably in charge within the Shelter Research Unit of the management, administration, coordination and reporting with the governance and the communication and collaboration with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies movement and external partners.
- Determine the annual objectives and manage the budget approved by the governing board
- Submit project proposals for funding and develop fundraising activities ensuring stable income streams for successful accomplishment of the objectives as set out in the annual plan
- Elaborate and review the necessary procedures and information management systems to communicate on the achievements/results
- Consolidate IFRC-SRU research results into comprehensible reports or other publishable material
- Assure daily management and coordination of the team members. You are in charge if it is necessary to identify and recruit external expertises in order to deliver the activities approved in the annual plan
- Liaise with the Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, the partners of the national Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with external partners to identify and set up new areas of research and collaborations in support of the humanitarian shelter needs.
- At least 3 years experience in management positions in the field of international humanitarian aid
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- An experience in the areas of shelter and construction would be an asset
- Fluency in English and a good working knowledge of French
Please send your application via our career-website www.croix-rouge.lu/recrutement
In case of recruitment, we will ask you to send us a copy of your criminal record.